Man in serious but stable condition after Bury incident
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 70s who taken to hospital following an alleged assault in Bury St Edmunds is no longer in a life-threatening condition, police have said.
Officers were called at 2.30am to Tayfen Road in the town on Saturday after reports that a man had been seriously assaulted.
It is believed the victim was walking home with his son when they were approached by a man.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said the man, who was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge, is now in a serious but stable condition.
The victim’s son, aged in his 30s, also sustained minor injuries in the alleged incident.
You may also want to watch:
A 23-year-old man, arrested in connection with the incident, has been bailed by police to return on December 22.
Witnesses or anybody with any information or dash-cam or mobile phone footage are asked to contact police on 101 quoting reference 37/67889/18.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 3 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 5 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 6 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 9 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 10 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence