Witness appeal after hit and run crash in Stowmarket
A man was injured during a hit and run collision in a Suffolk town today.
The victim, aged in his 40s, was driving a Volkswagen Polo when it was involved in a crash with another vehicle, believed to have been a blue van.
The collision happened in Saxham Street, Stowmarket, near to the junction with the A1120, shortly before 4.30pm.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary said the van driver failed to stop and headed in the direction of Stowupland.
The Polo driver suffered a possible knee injury but he was conscious and breathing.
You may also want to watch:
The ambulance service attended.
Saxham Street was blocked as a result of the crash.
- 1 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 2 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 3 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 4 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 7 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 8 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 9 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 10 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information that could help police with their investigation should call 101 quoting CAD 275 of today.