Man injured in Ipswich attack
A MAN is recovering today after being attacked at a house in Woodbridge Road, Ipswich.
The victim, who is said to be a 29 years old, was taken to hospital after sustaining at least one gash after being hit over the head.
Police today said that initially they received a report that the man had been stabbed. However, it transpired this was not the case.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary confirmed an object was used to cause the wound, but declined to say what that object was.
Emergency services were called to what is understood to be a bedsit just after 10.20pm yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
After the victim was given first aid at the scene by paramedics, he was taken to Ipswich Hospital for further treatment.
A spokeswoman for the ambulance service said the injured man was reported to have been bleeding heavily.
- 1 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 2 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 3 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 4 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 5 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 9 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 10 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
However, it is understood he was able to walk to an ambulance.