Man left temporarily deaf after assault in Chelmsford city centre
Police in Chelmsford are investigating an assault which left a man with a small skull fracture and temporarily deaf.
The assault took place around 3.15am on Sunday, March 8 in the car park behind Argos in the city centre.
The victim was approached from behind and punched in the head, before the offender drove off at speed in a silver people-carrier style car.
Investigating officer Pc Dan Smith said: “This assault has left the victim temporarily deaf in one ear, which is having a major impact on his work and personal life.
“It happened at around the time the clubs were closing and the city centre would have been busy.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to speak to anyone who saw this assault and I am especially keen to speak to a group of women standing near to a silver Mercedes car, who spoke to the victim before the assault.”
Anyone with information should contact Pc Smith at Chelmsford CID on 101, or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111, or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 5 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 6 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 7 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 8 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
- 9 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 10 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134