Man on bail charged with conspiracy to murder in Bury shooting case
- Credit: Archant
A 39-year-old man has become the third person charged in connection with a shooting in Bury St Edmunds.
Officers were called at 6.45pm on August 4 to reports that a man had been shot in the stomach at an address in Forum Court.
The victim, aged in his 30s, was treated in hospital for his injuries, which were not life-threatening.
Andrew Seaton, of Frome View, Maiden Newton, Dorchester, who was originally arrested on August 8 and interviewed before being bailed, was re-arrested in Dorset yesterday.
He was brought back to Suffolk and charged with conspiracy to murder today.
You may also want to watch:
Seaton is due to appear before magistrates in Ipswich this morning.
Two men have already been charged in connection with the shooting and four other people have been bailed to return to police in the autumn.
- 1 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 2 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 3 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 6 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 7 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 8 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
- 9 Takeaway owner fined £3.5k after series of food hygiene breaches
- 10 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
Frank Warren, 51, of Victoria Road, Dorchester, Dorset, appeared before magistrates in Ipswich yesterday, after being charged with conspiracy to murder.
He was remanded in custody ahead of his next appearance at Ipswich Crown Court on August 25.
Earlier this week 31-year-old Simon Webber, of Sydenham Close, Bridgwater, Somerset, was also charged with conspiracy to murder.
He was remanded in custody and will appear before Ipswich Crown Court for a preliminary hearing on August 25.
Four others people are on police bail pending further enquiries in connection with the incident, they are:
A 34-year-old man, also from Dorchester, arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder, who was released on bail until September 24.
A 58-year-old man and two women aged 59 and 28 - all from the Needham Market area – who were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder and have been released on bail until October 1.
Police are continuing to appeal for anyone with information about this crime to contact the Major Investigation Team on 101 quoting reference BU/15/2542, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.