Man released under investigation after Bury police chase
- Credit: Archant
A man has been released under investigation after a car was chased by police in Bury St Edmunds.
Officers asked a Toyota Yaris, which was allegedly stolen, to stop in York Road, Bury, around 3pm on Thursday, August 8, but when it failed to do so, the car was pursued by police before the driver "decamped".
An Audi A3 and a Ford Mondeo were damaged in the incident, although no-one is believed to have been injured.
A 20-year-old from Bury St Edmunds was later arrested in Prince Charles Avenue on suspicion of a number of offences, including driving under the influence of drugs, dangerous driving, failing to stop for police when directed to do so, driving without insurance, aggravated vehicle taking, possession with intent to supply class A drugs and burglary.
He has since been released under investigation after answering police bail on November 7.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses, or anyone with information related to this incident, are asked to contact Suffolk police, quoting reference 37/47321/19 by calling 101.
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 9 'They have big dreams... we're in great hands' - Town favourite Yallop on his links to new US owners
- 10 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'