Man released under investigation after Bury police chase
- Credit: Archant
A man has been released under investigation after a car was chased by police in Bury St Edmunds.
Officers asked a Toyota Yaris, which was allegedly stolen, to stop in York Road, Bury, around 3pm on Thursday, August 8, but when it failed to do so, the car was pursued by police before the driver "decamped".
An Audi A3 and a Ford Mondeo were damaged in the incident, although no-one is believed to have been injured.
A 20-year-old from Bury St Edmunds was later arrested in Prince Charles Avenue on suspicion of a number of offences, including driving under the influence of drugs, dangerous driving, failing to stop for police when directed to do so, driving without insurance, aggravated vehicle taking, possession with intent to supply class A drugs and burglary.
He has since been released under investigation after answering police bail on November 7.
Witnesses, or anyone with information related to this incident, are asked to contact Suffolk police, quoting reference 37/47321/19 by calling 101.
- 1 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 2 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 3 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 4 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 5 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 6 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 7 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 8 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 9 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson
- 10 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business