Man remains in custody following Bury St Edmunds sexual assault
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A 21-year-old man arrested following the sexual assault of a woman in Bury St Edmunds remains in custody.
He was arrested after a 25-year-old woman reported being assaulted in a wooded area off Shakers Lane around 10.30pm on Monday.
She suffered a fractured wrist during the attack.
The man, from Bury St Edmunds, was arrested on suspicion of sexual assault yesterday afternoon, and has now had his time in custody extended by a police superintendent, giving detectives a further 12 hours to question him.
He is currently being interviewed at Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information relating to this incident is asked to call 101 and quote CAD 466 of May 11. Calls can also be made anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 8 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth