Man remains in custody for questioning after pair of attempted robberies in Mildenhall
- Credit: Archant
Police have arrested a man after two attempted robberies in Mildenhall yesterday.
A police spokesman said that the man failed in his attempt to steal the handbags off a 17-year-old girl and a 62-year-old woman, with members of the public intervening in both.
The suspect ran away.
However, police arrived within a matter of minutes, and after a short time traced a 32-year-old man from the Mildenhall area they arrested on suspicion of robbery.
He was taken to Bury St Edmunds police investigation centre where he remains for questioning this morning.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed either incident or has any information which may help police is asked to call 101.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 3 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 4 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 5 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 6 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 7 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 9 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 10 Pedestrian taken to hospital after collision with car