Man rescued from flat fire in Newmarket
Firefighters in west Suffolk have this morning rescued a man from a flat in Newmarket.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service were called to Bill Rickaby Drive at 1.10am, tasking two appliances from the town to the scene.
On arrival crews requested an additional appliance, which came from Burwell, after it was made clear that not all people were accounted for.
Crews on the scene said the ground floor flat was “heavily smoke logged,” with six firefighters, wearing breathing apparatus, using two hose reel jets to extinguish the fire.
They then used a thermal imaging camera to check for additional hot spots.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the fire service said: “One male was rescued from a ground floor flat by fire fighters who then employed positive pressure ventilation fans to clear the property of smoke. The casualty was quickly assessed by the paramedics on scene.”
An ambulance crew and ambulance officer attended the incident and treated two patients. They were discharged on the scene.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 6 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 9 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 10 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
The fire service received information at 2.02am stating that all people were accounted for and residents were being allowed to return to their homes.
The stop message was received at 2.15am.