Man sentenced for drug driving in Clacton
- Credit: Archant
A man caught drug driving in Clacton has been given a suspended sentence and banned from getting behind the wheel for a year.
Martin Horlock, 38, was sentenced to 21 months in prison, suspended for two years, and disqualified from driving for 12 months at Ipswich Crown Court on Monday, August 6.
Police spotted a silver Vauxhall Zafira, which had an expired MOT, driving along Valley Road in the town around 9.30am on Tuesday, February 20.
Officers followed the vehicle to the car park of the nearby Asda and reported Horlock for having no MOT.
Due to a strong smell of cannabis emanating from the car, the vehicle was searched and officers found a box of cannabis plants, a tin containing a green herbal substance, and a canister for CS Spray.
You may also want to watch:
Horlock, of Millard Terrace, Dagenham, was arrested and appearing at Colchester Magistrates’ Court on July 3 admitted drug driving, production of cannabis, possession of cannabis, and possession of a weapon for the discharge of a gas incapacitation device.
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 9 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 10 'They have big dreams... we're in great hands' - Town favourite Yallop on his links to new US owners