Man seriously hurt after car and HGV collide
A MAN has been airlifted to hospital in an accident involving an HGV and a car this morning.
The crash happened in Stone Street, on the A144 in Spexhall, near Halesworth at around 8.10am.
A man was trapped in the car and fire crews from Halesworth, Beccles, Leiston and Lowestoft used specialist equipment to remove the roof from the car in order to release the casualty.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance were called, alongside police officers and paramedics.
A spokeswoman for the fire brigade said firefighters received medical advice suggesting the man was seriously injured and required urgent release from the car.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for the East of England ambulance service said the man is reported to have suffered head injuries.
- 1 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 4 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 5 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 6 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 7 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 8 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 9 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 10 Teacher denies sexually assaulting two girls