Man taken to hospital after house fire
IPSWICH: A man was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in a house.
The blaze started in the lounge of a two-storey semi-detached home in Cavendish Street at around 10.30pm last night.
Two crews from the town’s Princes Street fire station found a man outside the building when they arrived.
He had managed to escape the fire, but was ill with the effects of the smoke.
He was taken to Ipswich Hospital, where he was being treated last night.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters spent around half an hour battling the flames. The blaze was out by 11.05pm.
Investigators were last night trying to establish how the fire started.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 6 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 7 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 8 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 9 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo