Man taken to hospital after Thetford house fire

Firefighters attend Thetford blaze.

Firefighters attend Thetford blaze. - Credit: Archant

A man in his 40s has been taken to hospital after a fire in Thetford.

Emergency services were called to the home on Station Road just before 6.30pm on Tuesday.

Three appliances from Thetford and East Harling attended the scene, and the fire was put out by 7.05pm.

No-one was in the building when the fire service arrived at the building.

Paramedics also attended to treat the man for smoke inhalation.


You may also want to watch:


He was taken to the West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds for treatment, but his injuries are not thought to be serious.

The road was partially closed while the fire was tackled.

Most Read

Crews wore breathing apparatus used main and hose reel jets to extinguish the blaze.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus