Man to stand trial for attempted kidnap of mother and child
- Credit: GOOGLE
The trial of a man accused of attempting to kidnap a mother and her one-year-old son in a Colchester supermarket car park will take place in February.
Before Ipswich Crown Court on Thursday November 7 for a plea and trial preparation hearing was Neil Diaz, of Roosevelt Way, Colchester.
Diaz pleaded not guilty to two offences of attempted kidnap, having an article with a blade or a point, namely a kitchen knife, in his car in the Asda car park in Turner Rise, Colchester, and having an offensive weapon, namely two hammers, inside his car in the Asda car park.
The offences are alleged to have taken place on September 11 this year.
Judge David Pugh adjourned the case until February 3 next year for a three day trial.
You may also want to watch:
Diaz was remanded in custody.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 4 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 5 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 6 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 7 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 8 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 9 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 10 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed