Man trapped after police car crash
A POLICE car on the way to a call was involved in a crash last night, leaving an elderly man trapped in the wreckage of his vehicle.The incident, which happened in Landseer Road in Ipswich at 10.
A POLICE car on the way to a call was involved in a crash last night, leaving an elderly man trapped in the wreckage of his vehicle.
The incident, which happened in Landseer Road in Ipswich at 10.18pm saw three fire crews - including the rescue tender - police, and three ambulances and a paramedic attend the scene.
The fire crews managed to release the trapped man using cutting and spreading equipment and a spineboard, and three casualties - two officers and the civilian - were all taken to Ipswich Hospital for treatment.
Exact details about the accident were sketchy as the EADT went to press last night, and it was not known how badly injured any of those involved were.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “The accident involved a police vehicle. They were attending to a grade one incident on blue light at the time.
“There was an accident that we are investigating at the moment. We have no (injury) conditions at all.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 4 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 6 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 7 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 8 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 9 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 10 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
Fire crews left the scene at 10.54pm. A spokesman said the elderly man “must have been fairly well trapped.”