Man wielding knife is surrounded by police
POLICE officers surrounded a man, armed with a knife, who locked himself inside a car after self-harming in Stowmarket today.
The man is believed to have been making threats to himself and others prompting the drama in Lydgate Road, Stowmarket at around 12.30pm.
Officers arrived and discovered the 41-year-old from Haverhill inside the vehicle with minor arm injuries.
Police received calls from a woman inside a property in the road, reporting her ex-partner was making the threats.
Officers have cordoned off the road as a precaution and paramedics have also been called to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Eight police cars were called to the scene as officers attempted to coax the man from his car.
The man has now got out of his car and is being tended to by the ambulance crew.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 6 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 7 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 8 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 9 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
He has been taken to West Suffolk Hospital for further treatment. His injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
Did you see what happened? Contact the newsdesk on 01473 324790 or e-mail email@example.com.