Man with 80 wraps of Class A drugs hidden in underwear sentenced at Ipswich Crown Court
- Credit: Archant
A man found with 80 wraps of Class A drugs hidden in his underwear by police in Colchester has been jailed.
Ipswich Crown Court heard how 19-year-old Ryan Thomas, of Norman Crescent, Brentwood, was spotted by police travelling in a car along Mersea Road in Colchester on March 12, 2017.
When officers stopped the car due to it being uninsured and having no registered keeper, it was found to have a strong smell of cannabis.
Thomas was arrested and taken to Colchester police station where he was found to be concealing 80 wraps of Class A drugs in his underwear, made up of 77 wraps of cocaine and three wraps of Diamorphine.
He was charged with two counts of possessing a Class A drug with intent to supply.
You may also want to watch:
He pleaded guilty to the charges at Ipswich Crown Court on October 26 and was jailed for 36 months.
After the case, PC Esther Talbot, of Essex Police, said: “We will not tolerate (drug dealing) in our county.”
- 1 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 2 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 3 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 4 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 5 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 8 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 9 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 10 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'