Man armed with knife demands cash during attempted robbery at McColls in Braintree
- Credit: Archant
Police in Essex are appealing for information after a man armed with a knife attempted to rob a convenience store in Braintree.
According to a spokesman for Essex Police, a man armed with a knife entered McColls in Panfield Lane at around 6am on Sunday, June 10, and demanded cash.
He said: “The suspect held the knife against his body and then left the shop empty handed in the direction of the town centre.
“He did not threaten any workers inside.”
The suspect has been described as being aged in his early 40s, around 5ft 5ins tall, of a slim build with stubble on his face.
You may also want to watch:
He was described as having a ‘drawn face’ and wore a dark coloured coat.
Witnesses or anyone with information that could assist officers in their investigation are asked to call Braintree police station on 101 quoting crime reference 42/81221/18 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 5 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 6 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 7 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 8 Crash between two motorbikes
- 9 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 10 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes