Marathon task lies ahead for resort’s long-distance runners
- Credit: Archant
More than 20 members of a town’s running club are taking part in a marathon effort to test their fitness.
The competitors from the Felixstowe Road Runners are taking on marathons across the UK and worldwide,
They began at the weekend with seven taking part in the Brighton marathon, with marathons in Bungay, London, Jersey, Bristol-Bath, Bournemouth, Sweden, Reykjavik and the Black Forest in Germany to come.
A number of charities will be supported by the runners this year including St Helen’s Hospice, Meningitis Now, the Anthony Nolan Trust and the Royal Marsden Cancer Charity.
Club Captain Robin Harper said: “This is always an exciting and anxious time for runners in the club as months of gruelling training come to an end before marathon day.
You may also want to watch:
“It is fantastic that once again we have so many members taking on these challenges locally and internationally.”
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 8 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn