Dog show always a big draw at village events
- Credit: Archant
Families turned out in force for a day of traditional fun as one of Suffolk’s fastest growing communities staged its annual fete.
Bouncy castles, mini bus rides, entertainment and a dog show were among the attractions at Martlesham – with something to amuse all ages.
Dog shows are always a big draw and a favourite not just with dog owners.
The Martlesham one back in 1982 saw a range of different breeds enter the classes – and a stiff task for the judges to pick the winners.
Among the entertainment were performances from the Cornard and Sudbury Majorettes. Marching bands and majorettes were enjoying a resurgence in the early 1980s but the west Suffolk group is one of the county’s oldest, having formed in 1975.
You may also want to watch:
Do you remember the event or can you spot someone you know in these pictures?
Share your memories with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 3 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 8 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 9 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces three Wembley dates as part of = world tour