Martlesham: Help wanted to help shape future of neighbourhood as new homes bid moves forward
- Credit: Archant
PEOPLE are being called on to help shape the future of their neighbourhood.
Martlesham Parish Council wants as many people as possible to get involved with Martlesham Neighbourhood Plan to determine what kind of place it will be in 15 years’ time.
Clerk Susan Robertson said: “Many people in Martlesham will have heard of localism, Suffolk Coastal District Council’s Local Plan and the Bloor and BT planning applications.
“But they may not be sufficiently aware of current planning initiatives, the impact on the local area and more significantly the ability they have to influence the outcomes of planning applications and through them the sort of place Martlesham will be in 15 years’ time.
“Suffolk Coastal District Council has spent a great deal of time shaping a local plan which sets the scale, type and location of housing across the district.
“This plan is now close to final determination and the next stage will be the potential approval of a major planning application made by BT for 2,000 homes at Adastral Park.”
Martlesham Parish Council is carrying out a number of engagement events to get residents involved.
- 1 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 2 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-0 loss at Charlton
- 5 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 6 Ex-Celtic boss Lennon linked with Town job
- 7 A14 closed in both directions near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 8 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Charlton loss
- 10 Body of man found in Saxmundham
The first will be held at St Michael’s Church Centre in Martlesham Heath on Tuesday at 7.30pm where visitors can learn more about the neighbourhood plan. Visit www.martlesham.onesuffolk.net for more details.
What should Martlesham look like in 15 years? Write to Your Letters, Ipswich Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or email email@example.com