Primary school holds first ever colour run
A splash of colour was brought to a primary school fun run with a difference.
Martlesham Primary Academy, near Ipswich, held its first ever colour run at the school grounds on Friday, September 28.
A spokesman for the school said: “The event was hugely successful as the pupils and families helped the school to raise more than £2,000.
“The pupils demonstrated clear leadership and responsibility as they ran in their house teams.
“Each team had a designated pace maker to support the children and families to be able to complete the run.
You may also want to watch:
“This was not a competitive event. It was purely about fun, collaboration and relationships.
“This is the first of many events planned for the school this year. We are Martlesham Primary Academy and we are proud.”
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 6 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 7 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 8 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 9 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 10 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
Are you organising a community or charity event? Tell us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org