Masked gunmen raid store
ARMED robbers wearing masks assaulted a shop assistant and stole more than �1000 from a Chelmsford store.
Police are now appealing for information following the armed robbery at the Chelmsford Star Co-op in Barnard Road on Sunday morning.
Two masked and hooded men entered the store as it was being opened up by a shop assistant at about 6am.
The men, one of whom was armed with a hand gun, forced the 30-year-old male shop assistant into the back room.
He was assaulted and made to open the safe and a substantial (four-figure) sum of cash was stolen.
You may also want to watch:
The shop assistant was taken to hospital where he was treated and released for his injuries.
It is not know if the men were on foot or had a vehicle parked nearby.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 4 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 5 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 6 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 7 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 8 Another former Town player completes Colchester move
- 9 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 10 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
Police would like to hear from anyone who may have seen two men in the vicinity of the Co-op at about 6am on Sunday morning or saw anything suspicious to contact Chelmsford CID on 0800 333 4444.