Masked men jailed for attacking Gislingham father and son with a bat
- Credit: Archant
Two men are facing several years behind bars after being found guilty of attacking a father and son at a home in Gislingham.
Aidan Talbot and Phillip Jolly were jailed for a combined total of more than 20 years at Ipswich Crown Court today over the attack, which happened in the early hours of March 11 last year.
The pair were convicted of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm at an earlier hearing but were sentenced by a judge today.
Wearing masks, the two men attacked a man in his 30s with what was thought to be a bat and a metal object.
The victim’s father – a man in his 60s – was also injured in the attack.
You may also want to watch:
Both were badly hurt and had treatment for their injuries in hospital.
Jolly, 24 and of Broadfields Close in Gislingham, was today jailed for nine-and-a-half years after being found guilty of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 5 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 6 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 7 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 8 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 9 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
Aidan Talbot, 25 and of Cranley Road in Eye, was found guilty of one offence of unlawful wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm and another of unlawful wounding.
He was jailed for a total of 14 years in prison.
The court previously found both men, along with a third man, not guilty of conspiracy to inflict grievous bodily harm and committing aggravated burglary.