Hancock taking on new marathon challenge for Suffolk charity
- Credit: PA
West Suffolk MP Matt Hancock has announced he is swapping his usual suit and tie for a pair of running shoes.
Mr Hancock took to Twitter on Tuesday to announce that he would be running this year's London Marathon.
The former health secretary has just five weeks to prepare himself for the challenge, which takes place on October 3.
In anticipation of the big event, he has also set up a JustGiving page where he hopes to raise funds for the Bury St Edmunds-based St Nicholas Hospice Care.
Writing on his JustGiving page, Mr Hancock said: "This is my first London Marathon and I'm really excited to take part and raise money for St Nicholas Hospice Care.
You may also want to watch:
"I have already started my training and hope to keep you all updated with my progress."
So far the crowdfunding page shows that the MP has raised over £500 for the hospice.
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 3 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 8 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 9 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces three Wembley dates as part of = world tour