McDonald’s and Costa drive-thrus could be new additions to Newmarket
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
New ‘drive-thru’ McDonald’s and Costa outlets could be opening in Newmarket.
Detailed plans have been submitted for a two-storey McDonald’s and single-storey Costa building opposite Tesco and adjacent to the new Wickes store at Willie Snaith Road.
The site would include drive-thru lanes, patio areas and 39 car parking spaces and eight cycle spaces.
A planning statement submitted with the full planning application said: “The proposal follows the successful redevelopment of the adjacent Tesco food retail store and the recent planning permission for a Wickes store, and is a low-key consolidation of development in this locality.”
It added: “The company has recently been undertaking a thorough review of its portfolio of restaurants and is seeking to increase its representation in certain key locations.
You may also want to watch:
“At the same time, McDonald’s has implemented a major brand refresh, both in terms of its product range and the design and fit-out of its restaurants. This application forms part of that overall strategy.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 4 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 6 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 8 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?