Melton: Former teammates recollect playing days at 45-year reunion
- Credit: Archant
Old teammates gathered to mark the 45-year reunion of a Suffolk football club and remember departed friends.
More than 50 Melton Youth Club FC Old Boys met at St Audry’s Sports and Social Club, near Woodbridge – many for the first time since 1968-1970, when the team entered the Ipswich Sunday Morning Football League.
The occasion also marked fond remembrance of the late John Fair, manager until 1993; Richard `Nutty’ Edwards, a local sportsman, fundraiser and council employee; Alan Richardson, who died just a few weeks before the event; Ian Murray and John Whittaker.
The event was organised by Bob and Liz Huddlestone, Richard and Jane Milldown, and David and Sylvia Milldown.
One ex-player, Richard Hawes, originally from Melton but now in Florida, was able to appear via Skype.
You may also want to watch:
An annual reunion is now planned at the same venue.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 7 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 8 Biker breaks collarbone in swerve to avoid car on wrong side of road
- 9 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks