From Red Arrows to birds of prey - Eye Show and Country Fair in Days Gone By
Have you enjoyed days out at the Eye Show and Country Fair over the years?
Today we’re looking back at one of the most popular rural-themed events held in the region, with photos from the 1980s, 90s and early 2000s.
It all started in 1915 as a horticultural exhibition, but later grew to a two-day event, featuring a wide range of entertainment and attracting many thousands of visitors.
Do you remember seeing spectacular performances by the Red Arrows at the show?
MORE: Are you in our Clacton Airshow photo gallery?Our photos also feature some of the other varied attractions, including birds of prey and horses and carts, as well as clowns, live music and fairground rides.
A Civil War re-enactment also drew the crowds at the show in 2002.
MORE: Memories of Hadleigh Show from 1960s-80sWhat are your memories of the Eye Show? Email email@example.com or write to Judy Rimmer, Newsroom, 120 Princes Street, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP1 1RS.
You may also want to watch:
Order photos at archantsuffolk.newsprints.co.uk or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 9 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'