Men armed with hammer and knife threaten woman during Braintree burglary
- Credit: Archant
Two men armed with a hammer and a knife forced their way into a house in Braintree in the early hours of this morning.
The burglary happened at around 12.10am today, Monday, April 30, at an address in Notley Road.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: “Two men, one armed with a hammer and the other armed with a knife, forced their way into an address in Notley Road at around 12.10am.
“A woman inside was threatened but the men left empty handed.
“No-one was injured.”
You may also want to watch:
The men were both described as white, around 6ft tall and slim.
The man with the hammer was described as wearing a blue jacket and jeans.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 4 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 7 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 8 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 9 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 10 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
Police say they believe it was a targeted incident and that there is no risk to the wider public.
If you saw anything, were driving in the area and have dash cam footage, or have any other information please call us on 101 quoting crime reference number 42/59028/18.
Alternatively you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.