Men armed with hammer and knife threaten woman during Braintree burglary
- Credit: Archant
Two men armed with a hammer and a knife forced their way into a house in Braintree in the early hours of this morning.
The burglary happened at around 12.10am today, Monday, April 30, at an address in Notley Road.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: “Two men, one armed with a hammer and the other armed with a knife, forced their way into an address in Notley Road at around 12.10am.
“A woman inside was threatened but the men left empty handed.
“No-one was injured.”
The men were both described as white, around 6ft tall and slim.
The man with the hammer was described as wearing a blue jacket and jeans.
- 1 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 2 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 3 New state-of-the-art army attack helicopters undergo testing in Suffolk
- 4 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 5 Young driver crashes car just a week after passing
- 6 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 7 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 8 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 9 Bakinson's the 'mini Pogba' who has been a big hit on loan before and will now look to prove the doubters wrong
- 10 'Two suspicious individuals' spotted on primary school roof
Police say they believe it was a targeted incident and that there is no risk to the wider public.
If you saw anything, were driving in the area and have dash cam footage, or have any other information please call us on 101 quoting crime reference number 42/59028/18.
Alternatively you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.