Two arrested after late night car chase on A12
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been released on bail following a hot pursuit on one of the region’s busiest roads.
Essex Police engaged in a car chase after attempting to stop a vehicle in Margaretting without success at around 11.25pm on Wednesday, September 12.
Following the pursuit, officers managed to bring the vehicle to a safe stop in Romford, and arrested two men from Essex.
While searching the vehicle police also found a lock knife and cannabis.
A 21-year-old man from Canvey was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving, failing to stop, theft of a motor vehicle and burglary.
A 21-year-old man from Romford was also arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving, two burglaries, possession of drugs, possession of an offensive weapon, driving under the influence and theft of a car.
They have been released on bail until Friday, October 5.
- 1 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 2 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 3 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 4 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 5 Driver arrested for being four times over legal limit
- 6 'We're probably not as good as we think we are' - Cook on FA Cup draw with Barrow
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo
- 9 Suffolk man with sexual interest in children is jailed
- 10 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005