Men ‘lucky to be alive’ after electrocution horror
TWO decorators who suffered electric shocks while moving a large section of scaffolding are “lucky to be alive”.
The accident happened on Friday afternoon and the men were injured when the scaffolding tower made contact with a section of overhead power line hanging over a garden.
Yesterday the less-seriously injured of the self-employed pair was back at work painting the house in Top Road, Rattlesden, near Stowmarket, while his friend was recovering at home after suffering burns.
The man, who asked not to be named, said he and his co-worker were “lucky to be here” and just wanted to get back to normal and finish off the decorating job.
They had been moving the tower through a garden as they went from decorating one house to the next door property, but as they rolled it across the grass it made contact with the power line – sending both men flying.
You may also want to watch:
Four small circular scorch marks remain on the ground where the wheels of the tower were positioned at the moment when it came into contact with the cables.
The incident left more than 1,000 properties without power after supplies were isolated for safety reasons. Most had their electricity reconnected by the early evening.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 5 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 6 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
- 9 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 10 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water