Mendlesham: House fire tackled by firefighters in village

Trailer fire closes road

Trailer fire closes road - Credit: Archant

Crews have tackled a house fire which started in an airing cupboard.

A call was received to Horsefair Close, Mendlesham, at around 6.20pm.

Appliances from Stowmarket and Needham Market attended and found smoke coming from a first-floor window.

The fire was found to have started in the airing cupboard on the same floor.

Crews used two breathing appartus, a hose reel and a thermal imaging camera to locate and extinguish the fire.

The blaze was under control just after 7.05pm. Crews returned to base by 8.05pm.