WATCH: CCTV shows man apparently breaking into car
- Credit: Archant
Pictures of man appearing to try opening car doors and rummage around inside have sparked fears on social media.
A still image from a CCTV clip posted in the Colchester Community/Crime Group on Facebook was shared widely by several of its 22,800 members, who said they deplored of the man’s actions and encouraged people to spread the post in a bid to catch the culprit.
The owner of the CCTV, who asked to remain anonymous, later provided moving images from the CCTV from the incident at around 7pm on Tuesday, February 5 in Mersea Road, Colchester.
He says he has passed the footage to Essex Police, with officers looking into the incident.
An Essex Police spokesman said: “A Vauxhall Astra was broken into in Mersea Road, Colchester, at 7.10pm on February 5.
You may also want to watch:
“Nothing was stolen. Witnesses are asked to call Colchester local policing team on 101 quoting reference 42/19894/19.”
Alternatively people can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 2 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 6 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 9 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 10 Long queues at Primark from 7am in Ipswich as lockdown eases