‘We’re going to see those temperatures soar’ – Suffolk and Essex set to bask in sunshine and ‘exceptionally’ warm weather
- Credit: Archant
The hot and sunny weather is set to continue today with Suffolk and Essex forecast to see temperatures of up to 27C.
Norwich based Weatherquest said early morning mist patches were expected to clear to leave dry day “with long spells of hazy sunshine.”
Forecasters said today was expected to be “exceptionally warm” with light winds and see breezes developing.
Temperatures inland are forecast to reach 24C-27C, though it will be cooler on the coast where onshore winds are expected to keep temperatures between 14C-16C.
Met Office meteorologist Alex Deakin said: “Don’t forget the sunscreen today, it’s another day of blue sky and sunshine.”
You may also want to watch:
The warm weather marks the continuation of a mini heatwave, which has seen temperatures around 10C above the average for this time of year.
“We are going to see those temperatures soar,” Mr Deakin added.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 4 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 5 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 6 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs
- 7 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 8 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 9 Blues star looking forward to 'getting down to business'
- 10 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
On Tuesday, Santon Downham in Suffolk recorded the warmest day this year so far, 20.9C. But that was quickly surpassed by yesterday’s highest temperatures of 25C recorded in Gravesend, Essex.
Tomorrow is also expected to be another warm day – though slightly cooler than today.