Suffolk and Essex set for heavy rain and strong winds throughout the day
- Credit: citizenside.com
Suffolk and Essex are set for a wet and windy Monday - with gusts of 45-50mph forecast throughout the day.
The MET Office has issued a yellow weather warning for the south east of England, with heavy rain and strong winds expected to affect most of the region.
It warns of difficult driving conditions - with possible road closures, delays and cancellations - and the chance of power cuts.
The A14 Orwell Bridge was closed from midnight last night as high winds were predicted to hit the region.
Adam Dury, forecaster at Weatherquest, said: “It’s going to be wet and windy across the whole region today.
You may also want to watch:
“There will be gusts of 45-50mph along the coast with gusts inland of 40-45mph.
“It should ease down this evening and overnight.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 4 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 5 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 6 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 7 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 8 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 9 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
“We should see highs of around 5 or 6C in the east, with temperatures of 6 or 7C further west.
“The bad weather will only tail off late and will last through until around 10pm tonight.”