Weather warnings for rain and thunderstorms across Suffolk
- Credit: citizenside.com
The Met Office has two weather warnings for rain and thunderstorms in place across the county today.
The first yellow warning is for rain and has been in place since 3am this morning and covers the entirety of Suffolk and north Essex.
It warns of spray on the roads as well as the possibility of some flooding and interruption to travel.
The warning is in force until midday.
A further warning is in place for thunderstorms from midday until 9pm tonight which covers nearly all of the county, although some coastal areas may escape the worst of the weather.
You may also want to watch:
The Met Office has warned that “there is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded quickly, with damage to some buildings from floodwater, lightning strikes, hail or strong winds”.
It also said there is a “small chance of fast flowing or deep floodwater causing danger to life and there is a small chance that some communities become cut off by flooded roads.”
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 3 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 4 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 5 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 6 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 8 Fiat 500 on its side after crash in Woodbridge
- 9 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 10 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
The wet weather comes after days of fine and warm weather across the region.