Mid Suffolk Leisure Centre in Stowmarket awarded ‘excellent’ status
- Credit: Archant
Staff at Mid Suffolk Leisure Centre in Stowmarket are celebrating after the facility was rated ‘excellent’ following an inspection.
The centre was awarded the status by external assessor Quest – the UK’s quality scheme for sports and leisure – after undergoing the inspection and interview process.
The award is assessed on core modules including, community outcomes, customer experience and insight, team and skills development, cleaning and housekeeping, maintenance and equipment, environment, and planning to improve and health and safety.
The Quest report highlighted that the centre delivers an excellent service that engages with children and older people in the community.
These activities include chair-based exercise classes and walking sports for the older members in the community, and a fantastic Playworld and Summer Playworld facility for youngsters.
You may also want to watch:
The centre is operated by Everyone Active in partnership with Mid Suffolk District Council.
Anselm Gurney, Everyone Active’s contract manager, said: “We are delighted that Mid Suffolk Leisure Centre has been classified as ‘excellent’.
- 1 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 4 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 5 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 6 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 7 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 8 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 9 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 10 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
“We are committed to offering high-quality facilities and an extensive range of activities that encourage everyone, regardless of their age or ability, to become more active, more often.
“This award recognises the services we provide at the centre, but also the work we do alongside our partners in the community to improve the health and wellbeing of Stowmarket’s residents.
“I am incredibly proud of the team at Mid Suffolk for what we have achieved and the difference we are making to people’s lives on a daily basis.”
Councillor Diana Kearsley, Mid Suffolk District Council lead member for health and wellbeing, said: “This is a fantastic achievement by the whole team at the Mid Suffolk Leisure Centre and I would like to pass on my congratulations to everyone involved.
“We encourage all those who live and work in Mid Suffolk to lead more active lives and leisure centres play a huge role in helping people to do this. “For those who haven’t yet been along to see for themselves what is on offer, we hope they will now be keen to see these first class facilities and start to enjoy the many benefits of taking exercise.”