Midday update: Flooding leads to closure of A12 at Blythburgh and other problems on county’s roads, trains disrupted
- Credit: Archant
There will be problems on Suffolk’s roads throughout today due to flooding, with the A12 at Blythburgh expected to be closed until tomorrow.
The A12 at Blythburgh remained closed in both directions between the B1125 Angel Lane junction and the A145 junction, because of flooding.
The A1094 Saxmundham Road at Aldeburgh is also flooded at the Leiston Road junction, as is Aldringham Road in Thorpeness and Bridge Road in Snape.
However, the following roads have reopened following earlier flooding:
- Quay Street in Orford
You may also want to watch:
- Ferry Road, Bawdsey
- Bascule Bridge, Lowestoft
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 3 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 4 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 5 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 6 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 7 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 8 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 9 Lorry driver charged after £8.5m cocaine seizure
- 10 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
Roads are also clear for motorists travelling into Ipswich town centre.
Problems on the trains look likely to continue throughout the morning. There are 63 cancellations, with most of those affecting services into Lowestoft and Felixstowe.
A number of services in and out of Liverpool Street are also cancelled or altered.