Mildenhall: 81-year-old killed in A11 crash named by police
A MAN who died following a crash on the A11 at Mildenhall has been named by police.
Kenneth Hobbins, 81, from Bracken Close, Stratton Strawless in Norfolk died after the car he was driving was involved in a collision with a lorry on the A11 between Barton Mills and Elveden.
Police, fire and ambulance were called to the two-vehicle collision, which happened around 2.10pm on Wednesday.
The collision involved a black Mercedes estate car, driven by Mr Hobbins, and a white DAF truck.
Mr Hobbins was released from the vehicle by the fire service and seen to by paramedics, but he was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the lorry was taken to West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds where he received treatment for minor injuries.
The A11 was closed in both directions between the Five Ways roundabout at Barton Mills and the B1112 while police carried out an accident investigation and recovery of the vehicles took place.
- 1 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 2 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-0 loss at Charlton
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Charlton loss
- 7 Ex-Celtic boss Lennon linked with Town job
- 8 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 9 A14 closed in both directions near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 10 Charlton Athletic 2-0 Ipswich Town: Limp Blues soundly beaten
Police would like to hear from anyone who was travelling along the A11 and saw the black Mercedes estate car prior to or when the collision happened.
Call Pc Jeff Cribb at the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Suffolk Police on 101 with any information.