Mildenhall: Asbestos to be removed from garage fire site
- Credit: Archant
FIRE crews received several calls reporting a garage fire in west Suffolk this morning.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service was alerted to the blaze in Newnham Close, Mildenhall, just before 8.35am.
Two crews were sent to the scene and found the garage was well alight.
Firefighters used one hosereel to extinguish the flames and found asbestos sheeting on the roof of the garage was involved in the fire.
As a precaution the area has been cordoned off and the Environment Agency are safely removing the asbestos from the site.
You may also want to watch:
The fire is not believed to have been started deliberately.
- 1 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 2 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 3 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 4 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 5 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 6 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 7 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 8 Positives, negatives and plenty still to do - what we've learned from Town's pre-season
- 9 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 10 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site