Mildenhall: Driver suffers multiple broken bones and two cars burnt out after three vehicle collision in Holywell Row
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
A driver suffered multiple broken bones during a three car collision in Mildenhall last night, which left two vehicles on fire and the third in a ditch.
He was taken to hospital with a broken leg, arm, collar bone and ribs after his blue Citroen Xsara collided with a green BMW 361 and a white Subaru Impreza in Eriswell Road near Holywell Row at around 9.50pm.
Fire crews from Brandon, Mildenhall and Norfolk were called to tackle fires which burnt out the Citroen and BMW, while the Subaru ended up in a ditch.
The Citroen driver’s injuries were not considered life threatening and no one else was reported to have been seriously hurt.
Road closures and local diversions were in place while the accident site was cleared.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the accident is asked to call police on 101.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 3 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 4 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 6 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 9 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 10 CCTV issued after thieves steal almost £900 in toys and food from B&M