Mildenhall Library to shut next month before move to the Hub
- Credit: Suffolk Libraries
Mildenhall Library will be closing next month as staff prepare for its move to the new Mildenhall Hub building.
The library will be closing its doors in Chestnut Close, on Friday, May 7 at 3pm and will reopen in the new building on Sheldrick Way on Monday, May 24.
The new hub will bring together a new school, leisure facilities, a health centre, a children's centre, and will also house desk space for Suffolk police, West Suffolk Council, Suffolk County Council and the NHS, including Public Health England.
Bruce Leeke, CEO of Suffolk Libraries, said: “We’re very excited about moving to the Mildenhall Hub.
"You can’t miss us as the library sits at the heart of the development, offering a flexible and contemporary space.
You may also want to watch:
"We take pride in our strong roots in the local community and look forward to working with other Hub partners to make the library even more than the sum of its parts.
"Libraries are a gateway to so much and we want to take this opportunity to encourage even more people to use our services and enjoy our diverse range of activities.”
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 6 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 10 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause