Mildenhall: Slimmer loses 8st to run London Marathon
- Credit: Archant
AFTER losing a mammoth nine stone, Trudy Kent is preparing for her next big challenge.
The 32-year-old, from Mildenhall, is taking on her second London Marathon later this month after changing her life for the better.
She has lost more than nine stone since joining her local branch of Slimming World back in October 2010.
And having dropped from a size 28 to 14, she is now preparing to take on the 26.2mile marathon challenge dressed as Wenda from Where’s Wally in aid of United Response.
She took on her first marathon last year despite being struck down with tonsillitis and a chest infection in the run-up to the big day.
The illness meant she ran the first 11 miles but had to walk the remaining distance, completing the challenge in six hours and 56 minutes.
Miss Kent said: “I am hoping to raise more than £1,500 for my chosen cause.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 4 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 5 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 6 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 7 Driver arrested for being four times over legal limit
- 8 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 9 'We're probably not as good as we think we are' - Cook on FA Cup draw with Barrow
- 10 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking
“I am aiming to complete this marathon in five to five and a half hours.
“I have completed a couple of half marathons in preparation.”
On Tuesday, Miss Kent is hosting a cyclathon charity event at LA Fitness in Colchester to aid her fundraising efforts.