Milky Way seen rising over Shingle Street
- Credit: Alison Bailey
Incredible photos of the Milky Way have been captured rising over Shingle Street.
The phenomenon was spotted by astronomy photographer Alison Bailey who was visiting Suffolk for the first time earlier this month.
Miss Bailey, who only took up astrophotography as a hobby back in January, captured the moment the Milky Way emerged on Saturday, June 5 and could not believe what she was seeing.
She said: "I could not believe how clear the Milky Way was at Shingle Street with just the naked eye.
"It was amazing. I'll definitely be returning."
You may also want to watch:
The now keen photographer also managed to capture a meteor passing over the peaceful Suffolk beach.
Miss Bailey now plans to travel to some other dark sky sites around the country to capture more amazing photos.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 7 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 8 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 9 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 10 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter