Popcorn, sweet treats and plenty of laughter
- Credit: Archant
That was the ingredients for a fun trip out for residents from the Mill Lane Nursing Home in Felixstowe, who enjoyed a trip to the Cineworld cinema to see the blockbuster Mamma Mia! – Here We Go Again.
The trip coincided with a very special day for resident Jean, who was celebrating her 93rd birthday on the same day.
The activities co-ordinators at Mill Lane Nursing Home were delighted to support a number of residents who wished to see the film, which includes hits from ABBA, as part of their activities programme.
John Savage, manager of the Healthcare Homes establishment at the junction of Garrison Lane, said: “Everyone enjoyed a fantastic time. There was plenty of laughter, lots of popcorn and various sweet treats enjoyed!
“Everyone really sang their hearts out – both there and in the minibus on their way home.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a lovely outing – and all the more special that Jean enjoyed it as part of her 93rd birthday celebrations!”
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 4 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 6 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 7 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 8 'Poor' infection control at care home sees used Covid test swab left in pile of clean PPE
- 9 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 10 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema