‘She is a true Grove Court star’ - Suffolk care home worker wins award for nursing
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk care home worker has been praised for her dedication and passion towards nursing after winning a regional award.
Millie Carey, who works as unit manager at Grove Court in Woodbridge, was named winner of the “Good Nurse Award” at the Great British South East Care Award in Brighton. She will now go forward to the national Great British Care Awards, held in Birmingham next year.
“I am very grateful to have received this award,” she said.
“It is proof that with complete dedication, an endless passion for nursing and an amazing team to work with, that the possibilities are endless.
“I would highly recommend that anyone who is thinking about going into a nursing career does it - you will never look back. If this I what I can achieve in five years, I am excited to see what is ahead in my career. Watch this space.”
You may also want to watch:
Helen Jones, manager at Grove Court has congratulated Ms Carey on her award.
“Millie’s passion for nursing shines through in every aspect of her work whether supporting a resident with health issues or managing her team to ensure they deliver exceptional individualised care,” she added.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 3 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 4 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 6 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 7 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 8 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 9 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 10 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
“It is great to work with a young nurse who can see the amazing opportunities the adult social care sector can offer qualified nurses. Most importantly the chance to practise true holistic care. I am immensely proud of Millie, she is a true Grove Court star.”
Visit Elizabeth Finn Homes’ website for more information about the home.