Care home 'so pleased' after residents receive Covid vaccine
- Credit: Care UK
Bosses at a Framlingham care home have said they are "so pleased" after their residents received the coronavirus vaccine.
With the support of Framlingham Medical Practice, the majority of residents at Mills Meadow care home, managed by Care UK, received their first dose of the jab last week.
One of the first residents in the queue for the vaccination was Jean Scriven, who said: “I was pleased to have the vaccine, as I now feel safer."
Rebecca Calver, Mills Meadows' home manager, said: “We are so pleased that residents in our home have had the vaccination.
"I would like to offer my thanks to the NHS team at Framlingham Medical Practice. They were incredibly efficient, friendly, and made sure everything went smoothly, which was much appreciated.
You may also want to watch:
“This is the first step towards getting back to normal, and we couldn’t have asked for a better way to kick off the year.
"We’re looking forward to receiving our second dose of the vaccine as soon as we’re able.”
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 3 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 4 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 5 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 6 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 7 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 8 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 9 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 10 'I've just been completely average' - Town star Woolfenden on his season and Town's struggles