Care home 'so pleased' after residents receive Covid vaccine
- Credit: Care UK
Bosses at a Framlingham care home have said they are "so pleased" after their residents received the coronavirus vaccine.
With the support of Framlingham Medical Practice, the majority of residents at Mills Meadow care home, managed by Care UK, received their first dose of the jab last week.
One of the first residents in the queue for the vaccination was Jean Scriven, who said: “I was pleased to have the vaccine, as I now feel safer."
Rebecca Calver, Mills Meadows' home manager, said: “We are so pleased that residents in our home have had the vaccination.
"I would like to offer my thanks to the NHS team at Framlingham Medical Practice. They were incredibly efficient, friendly, and made sure everything went smoothly, which was much appreciated.
“This is the first step towards getting back to normal, and we couldn’t have asked for a better way to kick off the year.
"We’re looking forward to receiving our second dose of the vaccine as soon as we’re able.”
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 3 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's Bolton loss
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Luton join race for £13k a week Walton
- 5 Teenage girl grabbed by man in seaside town
- 6 Investigations continue after car crashed into home
- 7 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
- 8 Motorist was three times the drink drive limit in Stowmarket
- 9 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 10 'Dishonest to the core' burglar jailed for four years