Mini Shakespeare at Hintlesham’s Birch Farm Nursery wants your memories of it to celebrates 25th anniversary
More than 1,000 children have passed through its classrooms in the last 25 years and now a nursery in Suffolk wants their memories of its history.
Set up in 1991 Birch Farm Nursery, in Hintlesham, has been run since the start by husband and wife pair Darren and Mini Shakespeare.
It accommodates children under five-years-old and over the years has expanded to include a play barn, learners’ swimming pool and canteen.
Talking about the centre’s history over its 25 years Mrs Shakespeare said: “The nursery sector has seen an enormous amount of change in that time, in terms of parental and carer expectations, best practice and the inspection regimes we operate under.
“So being in business for 25 years is quite an achievement and we think that fact alone makes us one of the longest-lasting nurseries in Suffolk, if not the country which is pretty good in one of the toughest market sectors of the lot.”
You may also want to watch:
As part of the nursery’s 25th anniversary celebrations Mrs Shakespeare wants children, their parents or grandparents who have used the centre to send in their memories and pictures of it through the years.
Mrs Shakespeare added: “Our enduring pride is in the care and education we have been able to offer to the 1000-plus youngsters who have been part of the Birch Farm family over that time.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 6 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 7 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 8 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 9 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 10 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
“We’d really like to hear about any of their memories or thoughts about Birch Farm as we hope to display as many recollections in time for our 25th celebrations at our Summer Fayre on July 2, to which they will be invited.”
“We’re probably going to have a 1991-theme to these celebrations, so we’re looking forward to seeing as many mullets on display as possible.”
Anyone wishing to share their recollections can email firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch.