Minor delays following port derailment
RAIL passengers in Suffolk and Essex are facing minor delays this evening, following a derailment at the Port of Felixstowe.
A locomotive fell off the tracks at the port’s North Terminal earlier this afternoon.
Network Rail said it was causing minor delays of up to 10 minutes to any passenger services that were behind freight services.
A spokesman for Network Rail said the port was re-routing freight trains to its South Terminal, which was helping to lessen the impact.
He said: “The engine involved is a shunting engine, so it’s not a serious derailment.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s caused a small amount of delays to some trains but there’s not going to be any cancellations.
“They’re waiting on equipment to come on site, they’re expecting that later on this evening, I don’t know an exact time.”
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 4 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 5 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 6 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 7 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 8 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 9 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 10 Another former Town player completes Colchester move