Missing Cockfield man Chaz Thacker found by police
- Credit: SUFFOLK POLICE
A 26-year-old man from Cockfield who went missing for 10 days has been located in London.
Chaz Thacker had failed to return home after leaving on his off-road quad bike at around noon on Tuesday, October 16.
Following searches in the Bury St Edmunds area, police confirmed he had been found in London on Friday afternoon.
It comes after an emotional appeal from his mother, Marie, who said she was desperate to find her son.
Farmers, landowners, dog walkers, and horse riders around Cockfield, Lavenham, Thorpe Morieux and Felsham were urged to remain vigilant as searches were carried out in the area.
A spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said: “Police can confirm that a 26-year-old missing man from Cockfield has been found.
“Chas Thacker was located in London this afternoon, Friday 26 October.
You may also want to watch:
“Officers would like to thank the public and media for their assistance with this appeal.”
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 3 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 4 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 5 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 6 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 8 Fiat 500 on its side after crash in Woodbridge
- 9 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 10 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will